Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I don't usually blog personal stuff but today is a bit of milestone for me and in honor of that I decided to "put myself out there" as they say. I won't totally give it away, but let's just say I'm in a new decade and it isn't my 30s. There is something about each "big birthday" that causes me to be reflective and think about the previous ten years. These last ten have been huge and life changing. First and foremost, I became a mom - twice. I don't think there is anything that will ever change me more than that. There were other big events too. Relocating to a new state, 800 miles away from the community I'd lived in for nearly 30 years. Leaving the working world to be home with my kids full time. And last but not least finding my passion. It took a lot of years to find it but it was worth the wait. This is the most rewarding "work" I have ever done and seeing my art displayed in people's homes leaves me speechless.

No comments: