Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Urban Session

My family was good to me today. They let me take them to downtown Tacoma for some exploring/picture taking. My kids are typically not very cooperative models for me. They are without a doubt my most challenging subjects. But today they were pretty goofy and cooperative - two things that tend to lead to good photos.

I love the urban look to these photos. I think it is a modern and fresh look for portraits. I'd like to do more urban work . . . so, I'm offering a special - half off the sitting fee ($50) - to the first three families to book an urban session.









It was also nice and sunny out today making for some gorgeous light for me to try out my new lens. For those photogs out there I just got a Canon 70-200/2.8L IS. It is big and heavy and incredible! I love the zoom and the background blur is yummy. I bought it mostly for a wedding I'm going to be doing this fall but I think it will have a place in outdoor portrait work as well.

Keep voting in the contest below. We're almost up to 500 votes!!! Winners will be announced in Tuesday.

No comments: