Monday, January 5, 2009

Business Stuff

I'm sure I'm not the only one finding it hard to believe that is already 2009! I've been spending some time thinking about what 2009 will mean for Kris Allen Photography. Last year I photographed nearly 70 families and seven weddings. I hope to increase those numbers in 2009 with both new clients and returning ones. The biggest compliment I receive is when a client returns to me.

My pricing will remain the same for 2009. I had intended to increase my print prices in 2009, but with the state of the economy I've changed my mind.

I have a couple of exciting things in the works.

A new blog site with bigger pictures and more functionality. My plan is to combine both my blog and website - I'm tired of them living in seperate worlds. We'll see how that turns out. I'm also going to seperate my wedding website from my family and kids site.

Sometime this month I'll be asking my readers to vote for the 2008 Photo of the Year. There will be prizes for the top three photos. If your photo is in the contest, I'll let you know so you can tell all your friends and family to vote.

In February, I'll be attending the WPPI (Wedding and Portrait Photographers International) Convention in Las Vegas. I'm really excited about this and I imagine I'll come home with all kinds of new product ideas.

Photography Stuff

I have a lot going on here. The big focus will be to improve my artificial lighting skills. I always prefer natural light but many times it just isn't practical in Washington. I'm hoping to attend a workshop this year as well as a lot of trial and error.

I just upgraded my photo processing software to the newest versions - Lightroom 2.2 and Photoshop CS4. A lot of the new features look great, now I just have to learn how to use them.

I purchased a macro lens, primarily for wedding details so it will be fun learning how to use that.

And because it feels funny to post without photos, here are some photos from a wedding I assisted at a couple of weeks ago.











No comments: